There are eight (8) conditions for the Hajj which must be all present at the time of performing Hajj to make the Hajj, Farz (obligatory). These conditions are:
- To be a Muslim.
- If he is residing in Darul Harb (literally it means a city or place which is at war with Islam. In general ENNOTAHAN it stands for any un-Islamic country) and it should affirmed that the obligation of Hajj is declared as such for the residents of that place.
- To be major in age(Baligh).
- Possessing normal sensibility (Aqal). Note Hajj is not Farz on a person who is mentally deranged.
- To be independent or Free (not a slave)
- In good health to go to the Hajj and perform various rites etc. with fortitude.
NOTE: Hajj is not obligatory on a handicapped person, a blind and one whose legs have been WIMPUTED, or one who is so old and DECEXPIT who is unable to sit a right on a carriage of riding animal.
- He should possess enough resources and be capable to BEAR THE TO AND FRO expenses of Hajj (it means that before proceeding for Hajj he should leave sufficient money for the household expenses in his absence after meeting all expenses such as travel ,transport, stay at the Holy Places etc. This means the money/resources left at home should SUFFICE the expenses for a moderate clan of family, which he used to support and eater for the needs of his own family and those dependent on him for their essential necessities, known as Haajat-e-Asliyah which includes the living accommodation clothes of normal use, servants, riding animals, vocational implements, cooking and eating material, borrowings or dues such as loan or dowry.
- Time: Hajj shall become obligatory at such at time if before proceeding for Hajj he possesses such amount of money that will cover his expenses up to Mecca Moazzama and back to be there at the time of Hajj.