There are seven actions within Namaz which are Farz.
- Takbeer-e-Tahrima - meaning the first 'Allah-o-Akbar'(or any other word which would praise Allah) with which the Namaz begins.
- Qayaam - meaning to stand until the Farz Qira’at is completed.
- Qira’at - meaning to pray at least one verse of the Holy Quran
- Rukooh - meaning to bend so that that the hands reach the knees
- Sujood - meaning the forehead to firmly touch the ground and at least one toe on each foot to be flat so that it's base is touching the ground and it's tip is pointing towards the Qibla.
- Qaidah-e-Akhira - meaning when the Raka'ats of Namaz are completed to sit for the duration it takes so the whole of Tashahhud (attahiyat) is completed until 'Rusooluh.
- Khurooj-e-Be'sunoo'i - meaning after Qaida-e-Akhira to perform an action with which the Namaz would finish, whether that be Salaam or to talk etc.